Trang chủNewsQuestion and AnswerHow to set up a joint venture in VN

Date: 25/11/2019

 VGP – Joint ventures operating in the Vietnamese territories are obliged to abide by Việt Nam's laws on management of human resources.


(A Germany-headquartered transportation company): We want to set up a joint venture with a Vietnamese partner, operating in trade and export.

What does Việt Nam require for members of board of management, establishment of a supervisory board, recruitment of foreign accountants, and dismissal of laborers? 


(Lawyer NHQuang’s Office, B23 Trung Hòa–Nhân Chính Villa Complex, Thanh Xuân District, Hà Nội)

1. Members of the board of management

Under Article 109 of the Law on Enterprises, the Board of Management shall consist of at least three members and no more than 11. The number of members of the Board of Management residing in Việt Nam is stipulated in the joint venture's Charter. The term of the Board of Management is five years.

Article 110 of the same Law sets criteria and conditions for members of the Board of Management. Accordingly, a member of the Board of Management must have sufficient capacity for civil conduct, fall outside the scope of subjects which are prohibited from business management (as stipulated in this Law) and own at least 5% of ordinary shares of the company or have expertise and experience in business management. 

2. Establishment of a board of supervisors

A joint venture with 11 or more shareholders must establish a Board of supervisors. If the company has less than 11 members, it can decide whether to set up the supervisory board in line with requirements of the Board of Management.

3. Recruitment of foreign accountants in joint ventures

A joint venture can employ a foreign chief accountant and accountants who have accounting certificates recognized by the Vietnamese Ministry of Finance and at least two-year experience (with one year working in Việt Nam).

4. Terminating labor contracts

According to Article 39 of the Labor Code, the joint venture shall not be permitted to terminate unilaterally a labor contract if the employee is suffering from illness or injury caused by a work-related accident or occupational disease, is on annual leave or during pregnancy, maternity or raising a child under 12 months old.

Under Article 41 of the Code, when an employer unilaterally and illegally terminates a labor contract, he must recruit the employee for the position in the signed contract and must pay compensation equal to the amount of wages and wage allowance (if any) for the period the employee was not allowed to work, plus at least two months' wages and wage allowance (if any)./.

Question and Answer orther

How is the procedure for changing the address of the head office and changing the main business line?

Date: 24/11/2020

Can the company change the company name and the legal representative at the same time?

Date: 16/11/2020

The company decided to change the director, how to change the business registration license

Date: 13/11/2020

What is the procedure for adding a business line?

Date: 09/11/2020

Does the company rent the warehouse have to notify the Registration Department?

Date: 04/11/2020

What are the conditions of the industry "Power transmission and distribution"

Date: 02/11/2020

What does the application file for adding a bank account include?

Date: 30/10/2020

Reduction of charter capital in case the companies return capital to shareholders

Date: 23/10/2020

Which case must reduce the charter capital of a joint stock company?

Date: 21/10/2020

What is the role of the charter capital in a joint stock company?

Date: 16/10/2020

What is charter capital?

Date: 14/10/2020

What are the conditions for holding the General Meeting of Shareholders of a joint stock company?

Date: 12/10/2020

The regulations on convening the General Meeting of Shareholders of the joint stock company

Date: 09/10/2020

How is the increase in charter capital?

Date: 07/10/2020

Details about the reduction of charter capital in case the company repurchases issued shares?

Date: 05/10/2020

how the rights of common shareholders are regulated?

Date: 02/10/2020

How the rights of shareholders or groups of major shareholders are regulated?

Date: 30/09/2020

How do a newly established company perform dissolution procedures?

Date: 28/09/2020

How to change the seal for the company?

Date: 25/09/2020

Procedures for continuing business suspension?

Date: 23/09/2020

2006 - 2019 - all copyright reserved. Email:

Design by Nhật Thành.NET